Mediterranean Cooking Put Marina
The Mediterranean Diet is not a diet. It is a lifelong commitment. Something you must stick to as the best way to live healthy and longer. Its a way of life (heritage), too. The Mediterranean Diet includes a specific balance of foods that is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and contains the perfect balance of fatty acids.
Along with the food plan its a way of life that includes regular physical activity and time to rest, community, and fun.
The Mediterranean diet emphasizes on (Mayo Clinic):
• Eating primarily plant-based foods, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts
• Replacing butter with healthy fats such as olive oil
• Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
• Limiting red meat to no more than a few times a month
• Eating fish and poultry at least twice a week
• Enjoying meals with family and friends
• Drinking red wine in moderation (optional)
• Getting plenty of exercise
The Mediterranean Diet is the best way to prevent many diseases. The main are the stroke and the heart attack.
One of the advantages of the The Mediterranean Climate is that you have an opportunity of eating fresh local vegetables and fruits grown almost the whole year around.